The Best Events in Beaufort SC to Plan for This Year
If there’s one thing we love in the South Carolina Lowcountry, it’s a festival! So it only makes sense that there’s a long list of annual events in Beaufort SC that we look forward to every year. Many of these events and festivals are focused on food and drink, creating a lively atmosphere with folks enjoying meals together and toasting to good times. Downtown historic Beaufort and the waterfront come to life with food booths, live music, and so much more.
Perhaps the most popular of all the events in Beaufort SC is the Beaufort Shrimp Festival each fall, known for offering the best fresh-caught shrimp in the world. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the festival and is bound to be a major celebration with live music, an arts & crafts market, and all the most flavorful and creative shrimp dishes one can imagine.
These events in Beaufort SC are much anticipated, so it’s always smart to secure your lodging early. Thankfully, our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is one of the best places to stay! We’re within walking distance to many of these fun events but set back on a quiet historic street. We also have free parking for our overnight guests, which can be hard to come by downtown. Our luxurious guest rooms offer a peaceful homebase after a day filled with music, good eats, and laughter. Book your lodging today!
Fun Events in Beaufort SC Not to Miss
While the Annual Beaufort Oyster Festival always marks the New Year, you’ll have to remember to save the date for next January. However, there are plenty more exciting and tasty events in Beaufort SC, and our neighboring town of Port Royal to look forward to in the coming months.
Here are the best events in Beaufort SC, to plan ahead for this year:
- Beaufort International Film Festival: Join us this February for a fantastic selection of independently made films and awards ceremony. This year marks the world premiere of The Spirit of Beaufort, a heartfelt flick recapping the filming of Forest Gump in the Beaufort area.
- Bands, Brews, and BBQs: Head to this two-day celebration in Port Royal for live music, craft beers, and delectable barbecue, including smoked meats, sausages, and all of the favorite sides.
- A Taste of Beaufort: For traditional Lowcountry dishes from the best and brightest culinary talent, the Taste of Beaufort is one of the best events in Beaufort, SC, for aspiring and life-long foodies.
- The Original Gullah Festival: Each year, Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park hosts this exciting Gullah festival with traditional workshops, music, and delicious food vendors.
- Soft Shell Crab Festival: It’s the 18th year of celebrating the deliciousness of those soft-shelled, blue crab delicacies in Port Royal. Enjoy concerts, arts & crafts, educational activities, and several local restaurants offering their own soft shell crab recipes.
- The Annual Beaufort Water Festival: As one of the largest events in Beaufort SC each July, the Water Festival brings the town to life with arts and crafts booths, races, sports tournaments, concerts, and so much more!
- The Annual Beaufort Shrimp Festival: Always a favorite of the annual events in Beaufort SC, the Shrimp Festival is one of the best ways to celebrate the freshest caught seafood with live music and good friends this October.
- OctoPRfest: This popular Fall food and drink festival is all about German-inspired plates and pints. Wash down these tasty platters with locally brewed craft ales.
- Fall Festival of Houses and Gardens: Tour the historic homes and gardens in Beaufort this October, taking visitors along the architectural timeline of the development of our charming waterfront town throughout the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Night on the Town: The first weekend in December is always a fun time to visit as we kick off the holiday season in Beaufort SC, with this festive event for shopping and a holiday-lighted boat parade.
Downtown Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast
When you choose our romantic Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast as your lodging for the excellent events in Beaufort SC this year, you’ll have the perfect respite from all the lively fun in downtown. Our quiet mansion was recently renovated with thoughtful decor, modern touches, and a focus on maintaining the unique historic elements. You’ll love relaxing on the front porch with a stunning view of the water and a glass of wine—this is one of our favorite things to do here!
Inside, you’ll find lovely shared spaces, as well as our ten beautifully designed guest rooms with luxurious appointments and amenities. There’s a simple elegance that lets the original woodwork shine. All rooms have newly renovated en suite bathrooms for the utmost privacy and convenience. You’ll have free wi-fi throughout our property, personally controlled heating and air conditioning in every room, and free parking at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast.
We’ll include dining vouchers for your breakfast, valid at two of our favorite cafes in downtown Beaufort. This way you can start your day on your own time table, especially if you’re here for some of these lively events that run well into the evening. There’s always coffee and tea available at the Inn! We can’t wait to host you this year at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!