A Cozy Getaway at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast
As we usher in the new year, getting a getaway or two on the calendar for the slower season is important, and our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is such a lovely destination. Beaufort, South Carolina, might be a bit off-the-beaten-path as far as travel locations go, but it’s truly a hidden Lowcountry gem with moss-draped oaks, a rich history, beautiful adventures to discover, and fantastic restaurants, cafes, and shops.
With our historic Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast as your homebase, you’ll be in the ideal location to park your car and head out on foot. We have parking on-site, which is a huge bonus, as parking is often tricky to come by in the downtown center. From waterfront marinas and stunning natural beauty to authentic cuisine and cultural attractions, there are so many things to do in Beaufort SC on your next escape.
Our luxurious Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast, 607 Bay Inn Downtown Beaufort, is the perfect place to relax, reconnect, and reset. Staying at our Inn brings you closer to the history of this small town on Port Royal Island, one of South Carolina’s Sea Islands. You’ll take in the stunning architecture, beautiful seascapes, and lush flora during your stay. Inside our newly updated Inn, you’ll have all the comforts of home in your guest room and more with our attentive staff and luxurious amenities. We can’t wait to welcome you; book your room today!
The Best Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast
Before you start planning your itinerary, you’ll want to book your lodging, and our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is the ultimate destination for romantic getaways, small group trips, or solo retreats. Here, we’ll profile what we offer at our Inn and what to expect on your next trip to the Sea Islands of South Carolina.
Here are five reasons to book our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast:
- Excellent Downtown Location: Our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is located in “The Point,” a neighborhood of historical significance. You’ll want to take a carriage tour of the neighborhood showcasing our coastal town’s magnificent architecture and fantastic folklore. You can head out on foot and only be mere blocks to the Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park, the best restaurants in town, and so much more.
- Beautifully Renovated Guest Rooms: The ten luxurious guest rooms offer a quiet reprieve on your getaway! Our recent remodel gave our space a modern update with attention to keeping the extraordinary architectural details intact. These intimate spaces are spotless for comfort with plush king and queen-size beds, fine hotel-grade linens, and spacious en suite bathrooms with walk-in showers.
- Complimentary Amenities and Breakfast Vouchers: We have a modern take on “bed and breakfast,” which gives our guests the choice of how they’d like to start their day. One breakfast voucher per guest per stay is included for your pick of two of our favorite local downtown cafes for your morning meal. There are shared kitchen areas equipped for coffee service. You’ll have free Wi-Fi throughout the Inn. Be sure to take advantage of our beautiful porches—the best places for a morning cup of joe or an evening glass of wine.
- Enhancement Packages: We’re more than happy to design a curated add-on package for you during your stay at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast! Our most popular enhancement ups the romance with chocolates, sparkling wine, and strawberries awaiting your arrival in your guest room.
- Exciting Adventures Nearby: While you’ll experience the utmost comfort at our Inn, you’ll be in the ideal location to head out and explore! Depending on what you want to discover during your stay, there are so many fantastic things to do in Beaufort SC near our B&B. Read on to find out our top five activities to experience this winter.
Best Things to do in Beaufort SC this Winter
If you’ve yet to explore the Lowcountry, the Sea Islands in South Carolina, specifically Port Royal, then this is your sign to get a trip on the books! There are so many fun things to do in Beaufort SC all year long, and the winter season may be a bit slower, but that only adds to the serene atmosphere. There’s a reason why Beaufort is often referred to as the “Queen of the Carolina Sea Islands,” and now you can see for yourself as a guest at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast.
Here are the top five things to do in Beaufort SC this winter:
- Stroll Along Bay Street: The weather in Beaufort SC stays relatively mild in the winter, so plan on packing a raincoat, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the outdoors. Bay Street skirts the edges of the waterline, and you can wander along the path along the waterfront. Be sure to check out the John Mark Verdier House for its classic antebellum architecture. For those who prefer a hike, be sure to check out the Spanish Moss Trail!
- Pat Conroy Literary Center: As one of the most famous writers from the South, Pat Conroy has quite the following in the area. Head to the literary center to participate in classes, lectures, readings, and to find out more about this historical figure. It’s one of the best things to do in Beaufort SC on a rainy day!
- Hunting Island State Park: One of the most beautiful state parks in South Carolina is just a quick drive from our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast. Hunting Island offers some fantastic hiking opportunities, birdwatching, and beach time. Pop by the Hunting Island Lighthouse, an iconic landmark in Lowcountry.
- Dine out in Downtown Beaufort: There’s no shortage of fantastic restaurants in Beaufort! You’ll have some of the freshest seafood and local ingredients. The local culinary talents are creating fantastic menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One of our favorite date night spots is Old Bull Tavern for farm-to-table cuisine, craft cocktails, and excellent service, all within less than a five-minute walk from our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast.
- Cultural Attractions, Museums, and Art Galleries: As you stroll the downtown historic district in Beaufort, you’ll find a lovely collection of galleries and shops to check out. The University of South Carolina Beaufort’s Center for the Arts is a great place to catch a live production. The Beaufort History Museum is also worth a stop!
This is just the beginning of the fantastic things to do in our charming coastal town! Start planning your next getaway to Port Royal Island and book your room at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast today!