Plan a Romantic Getaway to South Carolina this Winter
The holidays and the New Year are just around the corner, and it’s a perfect time to start planning a romantic getaway to South Carolina! The winter months in this area are generally mild, with temperatures hovering in a pleasant range, making it an enjoyable time to explore without the intense heat of the summer. Beaufort, SC, and the surrounding Low Country areas offer couples a great list of activities to experience to reconnect and spend some quality one-on-one time.
Beaufort, SC, is a historic and particularly charming destination for your romantic getaway to South Carolina—there’s plenty to discover on Bay Street, this historic main street lined with local boutiques, fantastic restaurants, and classic architecture. On Port Royal Island, you’ll find Hunting Island State Park, a beautiful gem in the Low Country for hiking, beachfront strolls, and wildlife viewing. Beaufort, SC, is also home to many annual festivals and celebrations.
You’ll want your lodging to match your mood, and our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is the perfect place to cozy up and relax together. Our ten guest rooms, all newly renovated and tastefully appointed, offer the ideal backdrop for couples celebrating a romantic getaway to South Carolina. We have vouchers for our guests to enjoy a complimentary breakfast at two of our nearby favorite cafes, and you’ll love our romantic add-on package of sparkling wine, chocolates, and fruit—the best way to start your visit on the right foot. Get your lodging on the books today!
Romantic Getaway to South Carolina
There are so many fantastic things to do in Beaufort on a romantic getaway to South Carolina. The area itself exudes an elegant air with antebellum architecture, moss-draped oak trees, and quaint streets akin to a Hallmark movie set. With our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast as your homebase, you can park your car and head out on foot to explore.
Here are the best things to do in Beaufort, SC, on your next visit:
- Explore Bay Street: A leisurely stroll through the historic downtown, perhaps with a guided walking tour, can be a romantic way to spend an afternoon. The classic architecture, beautiful mossy trees, waterfront views, and lovely local shops all come together for a peaceful outing and a fantastic way to start your romantic getaway to South Carolina.
- Historic Neighborhoods: The eastern part of Beaufort’s historic district is called “The Point” and has a stunning collection of antebellum mansions and landscaped gardens.
- Stroll along the Waterfront: The Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park is a beautiful spot along the Beaufort River. Couples can enjoy a peaceful walk, sit on park benches overlooking the water, and enjoy scenic views.
- Enjoy the Best Beaufort Restaurants and Lounges: The culinary scene in Beaufort, SC, is well-established for its creative seafood dishes, farm-to-table eats, and craft cocktail options. Dining out is such a fun part of any romantic getaway to South Carolina. A few of our favorites are Old Bull Tavern, Lowcountry Produce Market, and Q on Bay. Check out a complete list of our top ten Beaufort, SC restaurants here.
- Beautiful Sunset Boat Tours: The Low-Country area has a diverse array of flora and fauna, and heading out on a boat tour is a lovely way to take in this unique scenery. The sunsets are breathtaking here as the golden hues reflect off the marshy waterways.
- Romantic Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours: One of the best things to do in Beaufort, SC, is book a romantic horse-drawn carriage tour. Couples can sit back and imagine a time when things moved a little more slowly while enjoying the local architecture.
- Day Trip to Hunting Island State Park: Just a short drive from Beaufort, Hunting Island State Park offers beautiful beaches, maritime forests, and a historic lighthouse. It’s a serene place for a day trip and a walk along the shore. This is one of the best additions to any romantic getaway to South Carolina!
- Historic Sites & Museums: The Pat Conroy Literary Center, Beaufort History Museum, and many national historic landmarks are all great stops for couples who appreciate history and learn more about the areas they visit.
The Best Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast
Retreating to our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast after an exhilarating day discovering all of the best things to do in Beaufort is such a treat! Our ten guest rooms offer elegance with muted, calming tones, comfortable bedding and seating areas, modern decor, and pristine en suite bathrooms. Though the Inn has seen an extensive restoration process, we’ve kept the integrity of the architecture in beautiful original heart pine floors and design details. Our Inn is the ideal backdrop for your romantic getaway to South Carolina!
The front porch of our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast is the heart of the Inn. It’s a beautiful space to enjoy a steaming cup of coffee in the morning or a refreshing cocktail in the evening. We love hearing and seeing our guests interact, enjoying our space as much as we do as Innkeepers and hospitality professionals. If you happen to be joining us on the First Friday of the month (a significant event in Beaufort), we often host a fun and complimentary happy hour on the porch!
You’ll wake refreshed and rejuvenated at our Beaufort SC Bed and Breakfast on your romantic getaway to South Carolina. As an adults-only Inn, and with only ten rooms, you’ll never encounter unwanted noise or crowds, which are always a possibility at larger chain hotels. Staying at our cozy B&B becomes an integral part of your getaway instead of just a room to keep your things and sleep at night. We can’t wait to host you! Book your room today.